Every complete woman surpasses this process every month, sometimes it painful,
sometimes it’s not because mensuration react differently on women. Every woman from age 13 up experiences menstrual cycle.
MENSTRUAL CYCLE: Menstrual cycle is a natural process that a woman experience monthly. It is a complex cycle managed by female hormones which cause regular bleeding (periods). Menstrual cycle has four phases.
Ovulation (the luteal phase); most women do experience menstrual problems for example, heavy bleeding Menstrual Cycle is said to happen when menstrual cycle begins. This is when a woman sheds the lining of her uterus.
It prepares a woman’s body for a possible pregnancy. To experience childbirth, every woman needs mensuration. Menstrual flow flushes unwanted blood or bad blood that comes out of a woman body through the vagina and as a woman during this period proper hygiene should be observed even after menstruation proper hygiene should be observed. Women lose a lot of iron after their menstruation so therefor are advised to eat well. Eat plenty fruits and vegetables.
Menstrual irregularities are referred to some abnormalities that occurs in normal menstrual cycle a common concern for many women. It refers to any changes or abnormalities in the normal menstrual cycle as it result to some certain physiological changes, though some variations in menstrual cycles are very common but having knowledge about irregular mensuration is a vital tool to maintain good reproductive health.
NORMAL MENSURATION CYCLE: A complete normal menstrual cycle lasts around 28 days but it range from 21 to 35 days. During a menstrual cycle, the body goes through different hormonal changes that cause the release of an egg from the ovary and the thickening of the uterine lining to prepare for pregnancy.
TYPES OF MENSTRUAL IRREGULARITIES
1. Amenorrhea – This is said to be referred to as the absence of menstrual periods. Primary amenorrhea is when a girl has not started menstruating by age 16 while secondary amenorrhea is when a woman stops menstruating for months.
2. Oligomenorrhea – This is said to be when a woman experiences light or infrequent menstrual periods with cycles longer than 35 days.
3. Heavy or prolonged periods – This is when a woman is experiencing abnormal heavy or long menstrual flow.
4. dysmenorrhea – Also known as (painful period), is when a woman experience a very bad bloating, back pain and cramping during menstruation flow.
4. Irregular periods – This is said to be when a woman’s menstrual cycle varies crucially from month to month.
Irregular mensurat on can be caused by variety of factors including;
- hormonal imbalances
- Genetic factors
- Pelvic disease
- Disorder Clothing
- Using contraceptive pills
- Lifestyle changes unhealthy food habits
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
There are different way in which irregular mensuration can be treatments but I would be emphasizing on the natural home remedies for irregular mensuration.
These are some natural effective home remedies that you can try at home to get your cycle back on normal:
1: GINGER TEA : Ginger beneficial to the treatment of different diseases,signs and symptoms including irregular periods, steady consumption of raw ginger can help to regulate mensuration periods,ginger also contains gingerol that helps lower inflammation in the body, ginger helps in contracting the uterine muscles and facilitates hormonal balance.
Ginger standardizes the monthly appearance of menstrual cycle. Drinking a glass of hot ginger tea with a bit of lemon juice and a dash of honey either on an empty stomach in the morning or the evening.
2: UNRIPE PAPAYA: Unripe papaya is well-known for its action on irregular periods. Unripe papaya is an enhancement to uterine contraction that occur during menstrual periods. You can consume unripe papaya juice regularly for a few months but do not drink it during your menstrual periods.
3. BEETROOT: Consumption of beetroot helps to eradicate irregular mensuration problem and symptoms. Beetroot also contains a higher amount of folic acids and iron that increases haemoglobin level in human blood. It also works as an emmenagogue.
4 APPLE CIDER VINEGAR: When you take apple cider vinegar it help you regulates your menstrual cycle and hormones. It lower the sugar in your blood at the same time makes you lose weight. apple cider vinegar is a bitter liquid so you can mix it with honey before Consumption to subside the bitter taste.
5: CINNAMON: Cinnamon is an essential spice in the kitchen as well as health is concerned cinnamon helps
regulate the blood flow to the uterus and also treat irregular periods. It may subdue, Nausea, throwing up during menstrual cycle and abdominal pain. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon powder to a glass with milk and consume it.
6 TURMERIC : Turmeric is an essential ingredients that does lots of things. Tumeric is a magical home remedy that we can use at any time.
Steady consumption of turmeric help regulate irregular mensuration circle. It has anti-inflammatory and anti-spasmodic properties that help in reducing uterine cramps so if you feel like changing your periods timing naturally, then try having turmeric with warm milk and honey. Take it daily till you get your results.
7: CONSUMING A HEALTHY DIET: Eating unhealthy is one of the causes of irregular mensuration cycle. Eating processed food and alcohol may cause a hormonal imbalance in the body that may lead to irregular mensuration.
Make sure that your diet includes green vegetables, dry fruits, red meat, fruit, fish, and foods to give you complete healthy nutrients to nourish your body.
Things women should take care of during the menstrual flow:
1. Stop drink cold/sparkling water during menstruation.
2. Don’t apply shampoo on the head cause the pores of head are open during period & it causes
headache and that makes it very unsafe.
3. Do not eat cucumber during your menstrual cycle because sap in the cucumber may block the blood flow in the uteri-nary wall.
4. Don’t hit your body hard on objects most specially the abdomen as it can cause vomiting.
5. Stop taking ice during menstrual flow it can cause menstrual blood to remain in the uterine wall.
Vaginal Hygiene Tips:
1. Make sure to Wash your vagina many times as possible everyday.
2. Stop washing the vagina with soap.
3. Avoid douching.
4. Always change your pad 4-6hrs during menstrual flow.
5. Don’t wipe from back to front instead wipe from front to back after using the toilet but using water to wash your vagina is the best.
6. Stop sleeping with your undies while menstruating.
7. Always change undies after taking your bath. Avoid wearing the same undies wear same pant.
8. Try as much as possible to keep the vagina dry.
9. Best pant to wear is cotton pants. Avoid nylon and avoid very tight pants.
10. Make sure to treat any vaginal infection completely and consult your doctor if needed.